State Museums in Venice, Free Entry on the First Sunday of the Month.
According to a special law of July 2014 all State Museums in Italy are visitable for free on the first Sunday of each month. We at Hotel Mignon are glad to propose to all our guest the list of State Museums in Venice:
- Our nearest museum is inside one of the world's most famous Venetian palaces, the Ca'd'Oro. Giorgio Franchetti Gallery at the Ca' d'Oro exhibits the important art collection of the Baron Giorgio Franchetti;
- Accademia Galleries, which exhibit works of inestimable value, among them paintings by Carpaccio, Giorgione, Veronese, Tintoretto, Titian, Tiepolo, Canaletto, Guardi, Bellotto, Longhi;
- Archaeological Museum of Venice, which holds a large collection of antiquities right in St. Mark's Square;
- Oriental Art Museum at Ca' Pesaro, which shows an impressive collection of works of Oriental art (mainly Japanese and Chinese), for a total of about 30,000 pieces;
- Grimani Palace Museum in Santa Maria Formosa, with its unique rooms with 1500 frescoes;
- Monumental Rooms at the Marciana National Library, which give the opportunity to know the beauty of the ancient Library of St. Mark's Square.